YouTube is one of the vast video search engines after Google and hours of footage are uploaded to the platform every minute. Marketing the business on this video site is not easy. YouTube marketing, however, is becoming an essential strategy because business owners and offline and internet marketers want to take advantage of the internet’s shift towards video.
Importance of YouTube Marketing
High-quality content is required to achieve success in internet marketing. YouTube is the place to upload videos, presentations, and customer testimonials.
The platform is more significant than Bing, Yahoo, and others. It gets about three billion searches per month. Studies reveal that one in every two internet users access videos on YouTube.
It also said that six billion hours of video are watched on this platform every month. Thus, to take advantage of the platform’s popularity, this should be included in every business’s marketing strategy that wants its presence online.
Steps to Launch Marketing on YouTube
The process of initiating marketing on YouTube includes three steps. These are – setting up a platform, producing content, and YouTube SEO and marketing.
Setting up the platform:
Plan carefully for building the platform. Marketers should have a robust strategy for YouTube marketing. Identifying goals is essential for any video marketing strategy. It is necessary to define what you achieve with YouTube marketing.
Did you know?
55% of people watch more than one hour YouTube Videos every day.
The purposes can be different for different people. It could be to drive traffic to a website, increase views, boost sales, etc. Without goals, knowing where to go is impossible.
The goals should be reasonable, measurable, and time-sensitive. Identifying the audience is another critical thing for the marketing campaign. Find who your audience is and why and where they are.
Producing video content:
Different kinds of videos can provide YouTube marketing.
- Promotional videos are for advertising and marketing the brand. Promotional videos should arouse curiosity, add value, and include a call to action.
- Interview videos are another essential type of video for YouTube marketing. Interviews with CEOs, employees, and industry experts work well for the channel.
- How-to or product tutorial videos are viral and are perfect for brands to explain their products and tell prospective customers how their product adds value to their lives.
- Presentations or product launches help to engage the audience.
- User-generated content also can engage the audience. These are also very useful to increase sales as prospective customers believe what the existing users feel about the product, which can influence buying decisions.
YouTube SEO Tips
It is not enough to produce high-quality marketing content and sit back and wait for it to become viral. Some SEO tips followed to make it rank higher in search engines and bring viewers to the video and the YouTube channel.
- The video file name and the title of the video should be the same.
- Use keywords in the title and also in the description.
- Use the correct tags and choose the proper category when uploading.
Did you know?
6 Billion hours of Videos are watched every Month on YouTube.
- Use relevant keywords in the video title.
- Write a description with essential keywords in the first sentences to help the search engines find what is there in the videos.
- Create your channel to promote your business.
- Create playlists.
- Have social profiles and make videos shareable to reach a broader audience.
YouTube Marketing & Advertising Statistics for 2020
- More than 30 minutes of videos obtain more than 10% of YouTube video views.
- Each year, the earning income of YouTube channels increases by 40%.
- The above 40 minutes is the average viewing time of YouTube videos.
- 2/3rd of the customers consider YouTube videos as the primary source of products or services.
- More than 70% of businesses are finding huge conversions through YouTube ads.
- More than 80% of the audience recalls YouTube video ad campaigns that have been watched previously.
- The UI recommended YouTube video content preferred mainly by 70% of the audience.
- In the US, 98% of households with an annual income of $100,000 use YouTube.
- More than 98% of the YouTube audience is sharing YouTube with others.
- The YouTube audience watches more than 1 billion hours of video content.
How to Use YouTube for Business
Brands and businesses, regardless of size, can use YouTube to grow their business online. Here are some tips on how to use YouTube for business.
Did you know?
YouTube Live Video View rate has rises to 80% .
- Do some research and find out who your competitor is in your niche. And what are they doing on YouTube? What is working for them? Do not merely copy their content but get ideas on creating your content to be unique.
- Create a brand YouTube channel. Give a name to the circuit that reminds the audience of your brand. Use a channel art relevant to your brand. Provide information about your company in the US section. Have a video that introduces your business on the home page.
- Ensure that the videos you upload to the channel are of high quality. High-quality videos are given priority and are ranked high in search results. Focus not only on tape but also on audio.
- Post content regularly. Create an uploading schedule and stick to it. Do not disappoint the followers who come to your channel to watch the new video at the scheduled time.
- Use analytics to see what works for your channel and what does not. There are different analytic tools to measure performance. Please make use of them.
Did you know?
48% of marketers are planning to add YouTube to their Content marketing strategy.
- Add subtitles to reach a wider audience. It is essential because people watch videos in public with the sound turned off. So they may not know what is in the video — having subtitles helps them understand.
An efficient way to get more subscribers to the channel and to get your content shared is to collaborate with other successful marketers in your niche.
Video marketing with YouTube may be cost-effective but not cheap and accessible. But it is very active and powerfully delivers the message to the right people at the right time. Planning well and continuously analyzing the performance are essential to get the maximum benefits from YouTube marketing.